Randolph Mercelita is the director of Caring for the Latino Heart Ministries. He is conference speaker and was a marriage counselor for 10 years prior to opening a counseling office in McAllen, TX. He received his BA from Rio Grande Bible Institute and a Master of Marriage and Family Counseling from Liberty University.
Randolph’s counseling approach applies Biblical solutions to problems individuals/couples encounter so they can experience the freedom God originally planned for them.
Randolph and his wife, Noralyne, who accompanies him to conferences, reside in Edinburg, Texas and have three Daughters.
We exist to care for the heart by assisting individuals to identify and resolve emotional and spiritual issues with wisdom of the Word of God and the enabling power of the Holy Spirit.
- Give Hope and Encouragement to each client
- Accept without judging another’s issues
- Understand the heart that has been damaged
- Care for the emotional pain within the heart
- Jesus can heal and bring peace to a wounded heart
- The Word of God provides wisdom to resolve each sin problem
- The Holy Spirit can convict of sin, leading to Repentance and Confession
- The Holy Spirit can Heal and Restore a damaged heart
- To support and work closely with the local church
- To provide counseling for individuals and couples seeking resolution to their issues
- To provide pre-marital counseling
- To provide seminars in local churches leading individuals/couples to freedom
- To train lay and pastoral counselors to be able to assist others in coming to freedom
- To replicate the CFLHM counseling model by establishing counseling offices
- To multiply the ministry through writing.
- To translate the material into other languages to multiply the vision worldwide
Caring for the LATINO Heart Ministries is committed to assist individuals, couples and families find freedom from three main problems.
- Emotional issues stem from emotional damage through emotional, physical, sexual, or spiritual abuse. (Luke 4:18).
- Spiritual problems include unresolved bitterness, pride, rebellion, temporal values, hypocrisy, or moral failure.
- Spiritual strongholds stem from giving ground to the enemy through specific activities that allow the enemy to influence people. These may include, but are not limited to, involvement in the occult, rebellion, drugs, etc. (Eph. 4:27, I Sam. 15:23)
We depend upon the Holy Spirit to lead the counselor in assisting the counselee to resolve each of their problems. The Holy Spirit must direct, convict, and enable the counselee in this process.
We apply Biblical principles in leading a person to find freedom from each problem. We do not judge a person for where they are or have been, but seek to lead individuals to freedom. This freedom will result in their experiencing God’s purpose, fulfillment, joy, and peace in relationship with Him and others. (Gal. 5:1, John 10:10)
Jesus focused on the heart to resolve spiritual and emotional issues. The counselor must accept, understand, and care for the needs of the heart. Freedom can only come as issues are dealt with at heart level.
Our desire is that biblical counseling be available, without cost to anyone who desires to come to freedom in Christ. Our ministry is supported through contributions and we are a 501 (c) 3 organization. All gifts are tax deductible.
1. That the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. That there is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally subsisting in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
4. That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, to regenerate, place into the Body of Christ (baptize), seal, indwell, and gift the believing sinner, and to guide, instruct, illuminate, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. That the shed blood of Jesus Christ, who arose from the dead, provides the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
7. That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
8. That the true Church, which began on the day of Pentecost, is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which HE is the head.
9. That Satan is a personal being whom God created as the highest and sinless angel, who through pride fell into sin, becoming completely depraved in character. He is the originator of sin. Satan, the enemy of all believers, was judged at the cross and will ultimately be cast into the Lake of Fire forever and ever.
10. That the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is personal, imminent, and pre-millennial and that this “Blessed Hope” has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
11. That God will bodily resurrect the dead: each believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord and each unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment in the lake of fire.
12. That at death, the soul and spirit of each believer immediately enters the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ in heaven.